The deadline for the conference “Contemporary Developments on Media, Culture and Society: Argentina and Latin America” has been extended and abstracts will be accepted until May 1st, 2018. The conference will take place in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on on Friday, October 19, 2018 and there are no fees, there are no fees for the conference.
The selection committee will evaluate the abstracts and the results will be notified to the authors on May 30, 2018.
We invite submissions to the conference “Contemporary Developments on Media, Culture and Society: Argentina and Latin America.” The conference, organized by The Center for the Study of Media and Society in Argentina (MESO), will take place on Friday, October 19, 2018, at Universidad de San Andrés in Buenos Aires, Argentina. This fourth annual conference is sponsored by the Center for Global Culture and Communication at Northwestern University.
Topics to be addressed include the following, among others:
- Transformations in content production
- Change in the use of media
- Innovation and technological change
- Finance and media sustainability
- State, government and civil society
- Regulation and public policies
- Political communication and electoral campaigns
- The role of users as content producers